- 09-Apr-2012 to 08-Jun-2012 (EST)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Klipsch Group, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of high-performance speakers and other entertainment products for homes, professional cinema, and commercial venues, is seeking a Buyer for our corporate headquarters located on the northwest side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
The purpose of this position is to analyze and make purchase decisions on turnkey products for all distribution locations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Purchases - Issue purchase orders with quantities based on global forecast. Communicate with supplier to deliver purchases on-time. Maintain key system data, including lead-times, MOQ, supplier prices, and PO dates. Communicate with sales department on exception orders and promotions and place new purchases as necessary. De-expedite purchases when forecast/sales no longer supports the supply.
- Supplier management - Create and send supplier scorecards on a monthly basis. Develop and maintain supplier guides and manage supplier to comply. Conduct quarterly performance reviews with suppliers. Coordinate with quality department on reviews. Negotiate with supplier on prices, MOQs, and lead-times.
- New product development - Participate on new product teams. Issue tooling purchase orders. Issue alpha, beta, pilot, and mass production purchase orders. Maintain and update supplier pricing as tooling amortization agreements are fulfilled.
- Inventory management - Negotiate safety stock levels to be held by supplier to achieve reduced lead-time & MOQ. Maintain reporting of inventory liabilities held at supplier.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Previous purchasing experience.
- Working knowledge of MRP software.
- Working knowledge of Excel including proficiency in use of complex formulas.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in order to communicate to multi-cultural suppliers and sales team.
Klipsch is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: